Getting Through Overwhelming Times
|Image by CJC|
Yup, This is the blog equivalent of a clips show, but I think it's a useful one. After all, this blog is about me learning things and sharing them. This last little while, these were definitely some things to keep in mind.
- If you've got a lot to do, you've got to priortize.Once you find what you really do have left to do, you may be able to save some time with the task or ask for some help to make things go smoother. I cannot stress this last one enough; you might be surprised by how people can come through for you when you need them.
- If I don't get enough sleep, I am a mess; I know I'm not the only one. Here are some tips for how to get to sleep and how to stay asleep.
- This is such a good way to relieve stress and stay healthy. It doesn't have to be complicated; could be a dance party, a swim in this weather, or maybe a walk or bike-ride to your destination. That last one was a tripple whammy this week as I got to where I had to go, blew off a little steam, and fit in exercise that was right for me.
- Eating right is always a good idea, particularly if you've got a lot going on, but this is when it can be the most difficult. I've got some tips for keeping this covered in Eat Healthy, Cheap, Fast-Part 1 and Part 2.
- Sometimes, life just hands you things you really don't want and you've got to go with the flow. Sometimes the path to our goals get a little muddy and we lose them. It happens and it's okay; we can always decide to pursue them again or to let them go if they weren't really what we needed. Take what comes and laugh, if you can, at ironies, ease up about things that aren't really that important.
- This may sound difficult, but it's so important. Once you've prioritized and asked for help, look again. You might find that still you don't need to do everything on your list, at least not right away. Take some time to think about how you feel and breath, this will help you stay healthy, get your work done, and generally enjoy life. After all, isn't that what it's about?
|Photo by rolfekolbe|
If you like what you read, don't forget to share, subscribe, or follow me on Pinterest.
Post a Comment
Leave a question or comment. I'd love to hear it.